Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather Contest
We are looking for Leathermen to compete to be Mr. MAL 2014. The Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather Contest is open to all gay Leathermen. Contestants must be:
- a resident of North America
- At least 21 years of age; and
- self-identify as gay
Mr. MAL 2014 must be prepared to represent this esteemed title as a contestant in the International Mr. Leather (IML) Contest in Chicago, IL, Wednesday through Monday of Memorial Day Weekend 2014.
Contestants will be scored in the following categories:
• Interview & Pre-judging (Saturday) – maximum 35 points – Each Contestant will individually meet with the full panel of Judges and respond to whatever questions he is asked. This interview will take place in private (offstage) without any audience. You can select attire that you feel is appropriate, but we would suggest “Leather Casual.” Judges’ questions often cover knowledge of the leather community; its leaders and history; the Contestant’s community service, contributions, leadership; and personal questions about the Contestant.
• Attitude and Personality (Sunday) – maximum 25 points. Each Contestant will appear on stage in the leatherwear of their choice. This category is also called Bar wear (aka what you’d normally wear out on a regular bar night). The Contestant should select their leatherwear to reflect their personality.
• Jock Strap (Sunday) – maximum 20 points. Each Contestant will appear onstage in a jock strap of his choice. This segment is not an “exotic fashion show” or “body competition,” but a celebration of our leather lifestyle and will be judged as such. Your stage presence and confidence are very important. Judges are looking for how well you will represent the Centaur MC at IML and how well you present and carry yourself on stage.
• Formal Leather (Sunday) – maximum 20 points. Each Contestant will appear onstage in the formal leatherwear of their choice and will answer a question asked by the emcee. Remember that Judges will be assessing your attitude, presence, and confidence in all judged events.
Ready to be a contestant? Download the applications here!
Questions? Please Contact Us